Within Ringotel app you can directly reply to email requests from your customers.
You need to create a Service Group before you can connect your email accounts.
To connect your corporate email account to Ringotel you need to:
- Login to your Ringotel admin web-panel
- Go to “Channels” ->”Add”
- Enter the name of your email channel
- Click on the email icon
- In drop-down menu below, select your mail account provider(Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo etc.).
- In case your provider requires establishing a secure connection, select "Use TLS/SSL" option.
- Enter username and password to your email account.
- Select a Service Group that will process all incoming requests from this channel.
- It's also necessary to set session timeout, so when the same customer contacts you again sometime later, it'll pop-up as a new request.
- Reply timeout returns assigned requests to the queue, if it wasn't replied within a specified time. We recommend you to set this parameter less than session timeout.
- Click “Save” button.
We recommend to use IMAP protocol for emails, but you can choose POP3 if you like.
If you have a custom email account, choose “Other provider. When you choose the “other provider” option, you need to enter a Hostname and a Port.
Connecting Ringotel to your Gmail
To connect your Gmail account using IMAP or POP and basic authentication to Ringtoel:
- Open mail.google.com
- Click your avatar at Gmail's top right corner.
- Follow the My Account link in the drop-down menu that has appeared.
- Go to the Sign-in & Security category.
- Scroll down to the “Apps with account access” section.
- Turn “Allow less secure apps” switch on.
Enable IMAP for your Gmail account
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the Settings button (the gear icon) in the top right-hand corner.
- Select the “Settings” option from a drop-down menu.
- Select the tab labeled “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”.
- In the section labeled “IMAP Access” click the bubble marked “Enable IMAP”, and then click “Save Changes”.
- You will be redirected to your inbox. However, if you would like to confirm that IMAP is enabled, return to the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab in “Settings”, and the status should now read, “IMAP is enabled.”